Skip to main content

Entry 10

 Fall Week 9 Worklog

So this workweek (10/23/2024 - 10/29/2024) was a bit slow as I gave myself some free time for Halloween stuff, BUT I still did some work because I can't help myself. I didn't take note of what I did on the specific days so I'll just summarize.

For starters, in engine I've continued to chip away at Cloudskipper's mechanics. I'm getting closer to cracking the problem I'm having with Doc not following the spinning platform's transform. In the meantime, considering I'm running into issues with this stage I've decided to alter my schedule a bit to stay on track with the other stages. I've decided to switch around the model refinement due dates for the subway and press 'n hold since they're more environment heavy and most of the things I need to model for those stages aren't going to be heavily involved with the code like how the cloudskipper platforms are. 

That was a yap TLDR; I swapped some due dates around as I want to make sure the code for my platform interactions are working before I go to refine them, also I don't think modeling the modular pieces for Cloudskipper will take very long since they're rather rudimentary in nature.

The other thing I decided to work on this week is logo design! Awhile back I sketched out some rough ideas for what this could possibly look like, and I finally decided to "sketch" it out in clip studio.


I still gotta vectorize it in illustrator, but that'll be another day as again this week was sort of a "break" week for me to focus in on Halloween activities! fun!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Entry 3

Fall Week 2 Worklog: Game Mechanics and Levels (Take 1) 9/8/2024 - by next week I am going to be taking a hacksaw to like half of these ideas I figured I should actually, y'know, write out what the gameplay mechanics and such are for this thing instead of just spinning them around in my head at maximum velocity. yapping below the read more if you're interested General Gameplay Mechanics Basic 3D environment movement, jumping, and a dash. Player HP - Sliding health bar? 100 HP? The camera will be 3rd person, controlled by mouse movement. In SOME areas it'll be locked to one perspective (like the hub area) Maybe I'll have the player be able to zoom in and out via the scroll wheel The basic gameplay loop is as follows: Player starts out on the subway The subway stops, player exits Player enters a random level, subway leaves Player explores the level and finds the subway car door once again Player enters the subway, loop During the intermissions in between the levels, the p...

Entry 7

  Fall Week 6 Worklog I spent most of this week tweaking my schedule (also moving it to trello so I can split the levels and such by lists and also have something to yell at me HEY YOUR DUE DATE FOR THIS IS COMING UP) and, again, working on the player and camera controllers. 10/6/2024 Haven't touched this project in a minute this week, but I think I've made a good chunk of progress today! It doesn't look like it visually, but code-wise I think I've finally found something that will hopefully play nice with the character animations I'd like to implement. The camera is the biggest thing I've realized I need to learn more about as most of my 3rd person games in the past have had cameras that were not controller by the player. While I did play around with some camera stuff today it was… Not very successful. I am not sure what was making the camera orbit it just did (the stretch was due to me cranking the FOV up, for the sillies) The thing that's currently makin...

Entry 1

  Intro 8/29/2024 - Welcome to the next roughly six+ months of my life! maybe more! oh boy! Here is where I'm going to be documenting my overall thoughts and development on my senior thesis project, as it is required as a part of the grade that I keep a devlog. Posting it here wasn't a part of that requirement, but I thought it'd be easier to share. Whether you're a friend I sent this to or someone just happening upon my little corner of the web, welcome! I'm going to be doing a lot of yapping <3 For the time being I've named this project Farer Dreamer. In summary, it's a 3D (…maybe sometimes 2.5D) exploration game where you ride a subway car to… well wherever it decides to take you really. You'll explore the random levels the subway takes you to and maybe meet some interesting characters on your journey. Admittedly this project is more of a last minute decision as opposed to something that's been marinating in the back of my mind for the past fou...