Skip to main content

Entry 18

Spring Weeks 2 & 3 Worklog

1/29/25

Today I worked for a bit over 4 hours in class and wrapped up modeling out the entry. Moving onto one of the other structures. Not much else to say for this one.

2/1/25 - 2/4/25

Over the past couple of days I've been chipping away at wrapping up the other larger structures in 30 minute-1 hour intervals, which totaled to about 4 hours and 30 minutes. I would've liked to work more linearly like I usually do but my body had other plans so I took breaks often.

I do kind of want to demolish part of that lower structure a bit to fit in more with the setting.. and I would like to make some more structures but I should really be getting a move on with texturing and getting these in engine, which is what I'll be working on this upcoming week.

2/5/25 - 2/10/25

I. I don't even wanna talk about how much time I spent doing UVs. 

Over these past 5ish days I was working at them for about 15 hours, most days were about 2-3 hours and on the 5th I spent 6 hours in UV hell. 

 
 

There is. probably a faster way to do this in blender that I am just unaware of, but also my primary concern was making sure everything lined up smoothly since in the past I've had trouble with weird seams so that's something I want to avoid. Hopefully I succeeded? We'll see when I return to texture...

But for now, I'm actually gonna adjust my schedule a bit and return to Unity to get more code stuff out of the way this week before finishing up these models.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Entry 3

Fall Week 2 Worklog: Game Mechanics and Levels (Take 1) 9/8/2024 - by next week I am going to be taking a hacksaw to like half of these ideas I figured I should actually, y'know, write out what the gameplay mechanics and such are for this thing instead of just spinning them around in my head at maximum velocity. yapping below the read more if you're interested General Gameplay Mechanics Basic 3D environment movement, jumping, and a dash. Player HP - Sliding health bar? 100 HP? The camera will be 3rd person, controlled by mouse movement. In SOME areas it'll be locked to one perspective (like the hub area) Maybe I'll have the player be able to zoom in and out via the scroll wheel The basic gameplay loop is as follows: Player starts out on the subway The subway stops, player exits Player enters a random level, subway leaves Player explores the level and finds the subway car door once again Player enters the subway, loop During the intermissions in between the levels, the p...

Entry 7

  Fall Week 6 Worklog I spent most of this week tweaking my schedule (also moving it to trello so I can split the levels and such by lists and also have something to yell at me HEY YOUR DUE DATE FOR THIS IS COMING UP) and, again, working on the player and camera controllers. 10/6/2024 Haven't touched this project in a minute this week, but I think I've made a good chunk of progress today! It doesn't look like it visually, but code-wise I think I've finally found something that will hopefully play nice with the character animations I'd like to implement. The camera is the biggest thing I've realized I need to learn more about as most of my 3rd person games in the past have had cameras that were not controller by the player. While I did play around with some camera stuff today it was… Not very successful. I am not sure what was making the camera orbit it just did (the stretch was due to me cranking the FOV up, for the sillies) The thing that's currently makin...

Entry 1

  Intro 8/29/2024 - Welcome to the next roughly six+ months of my life! maybe more! oh boy! Here is where I'm going to be documenting my overall thoughts and development on my senior thesis project, as it is required as a part of the grade that I keep a devlog. Posting it here wasn't a part of that requirement, but I thought it'd be easier to share. Whether you're a friend I sent this to or someone just happening upon my little corner of the web, welcome! I'm going to be doing a lot of yapping <3 For the time being I've named this project Farer Dreamer. In summary, it's a 3D (…maybe sometimes 2.5D) exploration game where you ride a subway car to… well wherever it decides to take you really. You'll explore the random levels the subway takes you to and maybe meet some interesting characters on your journey. Admittedly this project is more of a last minute decision as opposed to something that's been marinating in the back of my mind for the past fou...